If you have recently become a proud pet owner, chances are you have already noticed your home is not as clean as it used to be. Living with a pet offers so many wonderful moments, but cleaning the house isn’t one of them. Are you desperate to find smart cleaning tricks that will restore order at your place? Check these cool ideas on how to keep your home squeaky clean when you share it with a pet:
- Clean your pet – a clean pet means less dirt brought home – this sounds like common sense, but there is no harm done when emphasising the fact. Surely keeping your pet clean all the time is a difficult task, yet you should do your best to stick to a reasonable cleaning routine. Wash the paws of your dog with only water after each walk and bath it with a special shampoo as often as the treatment allows it. While your four-legged friend is still wet, keep it in a premise with suitable floorings, like the laundry room. Also, make sure that you banish pet hairs stuck in the carpet with frequent visits to a professional groomer.
- Invest in a powerful vacuum – one of the greatest problems pet owners are faced with is the great number of hairs spread all over their places. If you take advantage of carpeted floors, the situation becomes even more annoying. In addition to having your pet regularly groomed, you should benefit from a decent vacuum cleaner to effectively remove pet hairs from your home. A powerful vacuum would make a huge difference, but don’t forget to maintain the machine. Replace its filters and empty the bag often, so that you can preserve the excellent functionality of your vacuum cleaner.
- Take care of the couch – ideally, when living with a pet you would take advantage of furniture that doesn’t trap pet hairs and is easy to clean. If you have a leather couch, you are in luck, because the material doesn’t get affected by the presence of a pet. With the right kind of upholstery, you wouldn’t have to tackle dangerous stains and unwanted smells all the time, which is why investing in appropriate furniture is a smart solution. In case purchasing new furniture is not an option, cover your couch and sofa with a pet-friendly blanket. This way you would be able to protect your upholstery and rely on long-lasting furniture.
- Learn to green clean – many store-bought cleaning products contain chemicals that can be dangerous to your health. When you take care of a pet, however, cleaning your place with harsh products is a method you should part with. While toxic solutions may or may not affect your health, chances are they pose a real threat to the well-being of your fluffy friend. So, if you haven’t considered eco-friendly cleaning hacks yet, now it’s the right moment. Keep your home ideally disinfected with natural ingredients like white vinegar, baking soda, essential oils and many others. With these cool cleaning alternatives, you would obtain a tidy home and at the same time preserve the health of your beloved pet.
- Act on messes quickly – as a pet owner you would have to deal with all sorts of accidents, especially while your dog or cat is still a baby. Over time, your pet would develop certain habits, but when it is still young, you should be prepared to tackle unpleasant messes. The best way to keep your home clean is to have a quick reaction to the mess. Soak liquids with paper towels as soon as they happen and always have an enzyme-based solution by your side. The faster you react, the greater opportunity you get to prevent permanent stains and trapped smells.
Living with a pet and at the same time having a squeaky clean home is a challenging task any pet owner wants to accomplish. Get the most of these tips, so that you can enjoy every minute spent with your beloved pet in the comfort of your spotless place.
© First Choice Cleaning Company